Sujets de société, questions sur la place de l’enfant dans notre société, annonce des conférenciers et des débats en avant-première… découvrez toute l’actualité du Forum Européen de Bioéthique qui se tiendra à Strasbourg du 7 au 10 février 2024.
Harry Gribben is a student doctor in his penultimate year at the University of Limerick, Ireland. He has a keen interest in General Surgery and during his surgical rotations has observed multiple robotic surgeries using the DaVinci surgical system. He has also assisted on many operations, including
o Hartmann Procedure
o Anterior Resection
o Laparoscopic appendectomy
o Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
o Inguinal hernia repair
o Excision of granulation tissue
o Pilonidal sinus (incision and drainage)
o Marsupialisation of renal cyst (Da Vinci Robot)
o Partial nephrectomy (Da Vinci Robot)
o Total knee replacement
o Hip fracture repair
o Hemiarthroplasty + Arthroplasty
During his time in medical school, Harry has engaged in a multitude of activities beyond the books, such as
• Co-authoring a book titled ‘Master the GAMSAT’, which prepares students for the entry exam to medical school
• He was an elected committee member of the Medical Society at the University of Limerick, hosting educational events and fundraisers, raising over €6000 for a local charity.
• Created an online educational course for prospective medical students taking the entrance exam.
• Won the Kate Fleming Law Mediation competition in 2022, debating with colleagues about an issue of disputed medical negligence.
• Participated with other Irish youth in speaking at the Council of Europe on the topic of ‘AI in Healthcare’.
• Received the Gold President’s award at the University of Limerick for contributions to volunteering activities.
Prior to studying medicine, he completed a BSc in Physics with Biomedical Sciences from Dublin City University, for which he received first class honours. During his undergraduate degree he participated in research into blood sample separation using microfluidic disks, a novel point-of-care diagnostic system. He subsequently compiled a literature review in this area.
Harry is a keen golfer and finds the sport to be a great outlet to relax and enjoy time with friends. That said, he insists that if anyone sees him on the golf course, it would be in your interest to hide behind the nearest tree.